Some resources you might find valuable.
- Basic Training: Pat Miller's, The Power of Positive Training
- Puppies (free): Ian Dunbar's Before and After You Get Your Puppy (not my favourite resource, but a solid one and it is free.)
- Puppies (paid): Patricia McConnell's, The Puppy Primer
- Bringing Home a Rescue Dog, Pat Miller's, Do Over Dogs
Positive Places to Support
- Shelters: Shelters Using Reward-based Training Methods (last updated 19 November, 2011)
- Toronto Pet Stores: Pet Stores Committed to Selling Dog-Friendly Products (last updated 3 July, 2012)
- Dog Walkers: Whattapup's List of Truly Dog-friendly, Positive-reinforcement Dog Walkers (Toronto)
- The Thyroid and Aggressive Behaviour (PDF, 83kb) – There is growing evidence that the thyroid plays a role in behavioural issues. (PDF)
Training and Trainers
- Use of Positive, Reward-based Training in Shelters Across North America
- How to Choose a Trainer (from the AVSAB - American Veterinary Society of Animal Behaviour)
- I show how to condition your dog to love the nail clippers.
- Chirag Patel shows how to condition your dog to love a muzzle.
- My simplified BAT protocol